Premium Opencart Theme
Gazal is 100% Responsive Opencart theme e-commerce theme created to suit all customers needs and all types of products. Also we challenge with this theme as it will satisfy all your needs. Created by latest techniques of Html5 / CSS3, 960 Grid System, and well commented and organized codes with powerful theme options to change every every thing on theme.
If you have a ready installed store make sure to make a backup of all of its files before installing Gazal theme
Apply any replacement during transfering files and please follow our instructions carefully ...
You will find these folders in FILES_TO_UPLOAD / V-x folder:
Choose any of your opencart themes you have and choose the same version from FILES_TO_UPLOAD folder.
Open your ftp programme (File Zilla) recommended.
Open One of our versions that compatible with your opencart veriosn that you already installed. You will find 4 folders (admin - catalog - image - install-news) and your pre installed store in remote window as shown.
Open the folder containing the 4 folders as shown in the image and choose them then drag and drop them on the remote server on your store root and accept any replacement.
After adding all theme files so you finished.
Activate theme :
After your replacement process go to your online store and go to your administration choose
System ---> settings ---> Store ---> Template: Gazal
and click ----- save
Blog / News Installation
- After transeferring all files to remote or local server make sure about the blog module installed successfully :
proceed to installing the extension: Navigate in your browser to http://yoursite.com/install-news where yoursite.com stands for the adress of your store. If you received success message, continue , if receiving error , contact me.
- After you executed the above instructions in installing the news/blog extension, please go ahead and delete the install-news folder from your opencart root. If you dont delete it , then you risk to sometime reinstall the extension and loose all your articles.
- Next log into your opencart site admin , and navigate to system > users > user groups and click edit on Top administrator and make sure to thick both access permission and modify permissions for: catalog/news , catalog/ncategory , catalog/ncomments , common/newspanel , module/news and module/ncategory , or easyer just click select all and then save.
- you can access the latest news module and the articles menu module from the news panel, please first navigate in admin to extension > modules and click install on News / Blog: Articles Menu module and News / Blog: Latest News / Articles by category module.
Using the extension and the modules :
- Inserting/Editing Articles: To insert articles from the news panel in dashboard navigate to News /Blog Articles. Here you can insert or edit articles. Click insert to add a new article:
In the general tab you will have to insert the article title (headline) and the main story, these are the only required fieds. And you can also add an image to the article that would be displayed in article listion and on the article page as main image.
In the Seo related tab, you can insert meta description and meta keywords for the article and seo keyword a.k.a seo url(this one has to be globaly unique, meaning that no other item on your website should have the same seo url).
Next in the Settings tab: You can choose whether you will allows posting comments for this article or not, the sort order of the article, the category that article will be in (of course if you havent created any news category yet, you will have nothing to select for now).And you can also choose the stores that article will display on if you have a multistore website. Last and the most important in the settings tab is the status of the article, if set to disabled , it wont display in frontend, if enabled, it will.
The related products tab. Here you can add some product that are related to the article you wrote. Adding products is the same as in the featured module case.
The last tab is layout override. Here , you can select a layout from within this article to show the modules. Example: By default an article falls into de default layout, or the news layout if you created it, and it will display the modules added to the default or news layout. If you've selected at layout override the layout home, or category, then this specific article page, will display the same modules as homepage or category page.
- Inserting/Editing News/Blog Categories: From the news panel in admin , navigate to news/blog categories page.
Here, inserting or editing news categories is pretty much the same like for product categories, you can insert, a category name, description, image if you want, or a parent if it will be a subcategory. You can also insert a seo keyword aka seo url, you can choose whether you want the articles listed with image or without, the limit of articles per page, and again layout override, which does the same as for articles only that here it applies to categories.
- Inserting/Moderating Comments: Whenever a new comment is added to an article , by default it wont be displayed on your store until you enable it. In the news panel you will see a notification if new comments have been added and need moderation. Go to comments page and edit or insert comments for the articles. This works similar to the default product reviews, without the rating part.
- The Latest news/Articles by category module: This is a module that displays a configurable number of latest articles intros / or a configurable number of articles from a selected category wherever you want to place it in the store. From the news panel , go to latest news module, and the add and edit modules. When you add a module select the number of articles intros you want to display, select if you want to display general latest news or articles from selected category, select the layout you want to display it on, select the position, its status and its sort order. You can add as many modules as you wish to as many layouts and position you want.
- The articles Menu Module: This module displays a link to headlines (aka the all articles page) and the news categories existent.It also displays an article search form , so that your visitors can search trough the articles in your website. To go to the Articles menu module, from the news panel navigate to the Articles menu module. You can also access it by going to extention > modules and clicking edit on the Articles menu module(same for latest news).
On this module page you can also choose whether you want the articles to be sorted by latest or by thei sort order, the article image size on listing and on article page for the default store.
Articles Google Sitemap and Articles Google Base: Both feeds can be accessed in admin > extension > product feed. Click install on both of them and then edit them and enable them. When you edit them , you will also be able to see what is the url each feed can be accesed at. The Articles Google Sitemap (similar to the default google sitemap, but is just for the news/blog links) is an xml sitemap with all the links to the news/blog articles and categories. You can submit the url to google so that your news articles/categories will be indexed faster.
Articles google Base its an rss feed, same as the default opencart Google Base feed, only that is just for the news/blog articles.
Creating a layout for news pages. In admin navigate to system > design > layouts , add a new layout and insert name 'News', and at the route field insert 'news'. Now , on the news pages will only be displayed the modules added to the news layout.
You can aditionaly create different layouts for articles and article categories, for articles insert route 'news/article' and for article categories, insert route 'news/ncategory'
Language files. If you use another language than english or other languages besides english, you need the news/blog extension and modules language files into your language pack.
Target files: admin/language/english/catalog/news.php
You need to edit those files and translate the expression inside into your language.
Then upload those files, in the same path, except that instead of english, it has to be your language folder.
Also dont forget to set the same encoding for the translated files as your other language files do.
After installing Gazal theme you must activate theme options from admin panel
Go to Extensions ---> modules
and install Gazal theme options module
Theme options created to be very easy to understand with most powerful options to cahnge Gazal theme as you want with any product.
It supported with :
custom image background.
Unlimited Google Fonts.
Custom footer options.
After installing Gazal theme correctly you should apply images settings
just follow this steps :
From System --->> Settings --->> Image
Enter dimensions values as shown :
Gazal created to be 1, 2 or 3 columns as you want just activate any module on any column or in both right and left column to have 3 columns layout.
Featured, Latest, Bestseller, Specials Modules
How to change the number of products that scrolling on featured module ?
Search for this word : max:
you will find this : max: 4
This means that it scrolling 4 products each time (change the number 4 to 5 or 3 etc ...)
Clcik ctrl + s to save changes
Width and Height Settings
First Choose your grid_? from Gazal theme options :
Add your image banner from system > design > banners
Go to Extensions > modules > slideshow and add the width of grid_? that you choose from Lagon theme options
To get the best resolution add the images with the same width and height values that you will set it on admin banner module or slideshow module width and height values.
When go to Gazal theme options and activate it you can now access to font management :
How to add fonts from google fonts site ?
Go to this site : http://www.google.com/webfonts
Choose your favourite font and click on Quick-use link of font.
You will be redirected to font page details.
Go to the down of the page to get the font family name and font link name :